Retainagroup Laser Glass Marking Systems
Retainagroup’s innovative range of three laser units – one mobile and two fixed – has been developed to provide the glass industry with a quick and simple method of marking glass to meet the various standards to which companies must comply.
Advantages of Retainagroup Systems
- Produces a clear mark 100% of the time
- Customer logo, BSEN data, CE certification logo, serial number, tempering oven ID, date (in any format), time (to the second HH:MM:SS) and user ID can easily be incorporated via the user friendly CAD based software interface, providing the customer with lifetime traceability for all their glass products.
- Wi-Fi networking is included as standard with the mobile unit and the two fixed units are supplied with standard wired 10/100 Ethernet cabling.
- All three units are compact and fully functional with an easy to view and use touch screen embedded PC unit running windows XP pro. An external mouse or keyboard can be included to assist customers should they wish to design their own marks.
- The mobile unit is self-supporting and if required the fixed units can be bolted to the floor for security and stability purposes.
- Very little maintenance is required – a simple cleaning routine being all that is necessary.
- Patented laser, 10 times smaller and lighter than comparable systems. The extraordinary beam parameter and short pulse rising times, make the technology absolutely unique – worldwide.
- Air cooled thus no requirement for water or chillers.
- Built with a Class 1 safety enclosure with 2 channel interlocked controller and glass detection sensors, conforming to BSEN/IEC 60825-1: 1994 laser radiation safety.
- Capable of marking glass at any stage of production – i.e. before or after toughening, or at the dispatch stage.
- Well suited to marking many different substrates, in addition to glass.
All types of glass can be marked using our system. Even solar glass, which contains elements of metal, does not pose a problem: the mark can have the characters reversed to produce a mirror image and be applied to the uncoated side, where it will be readable through the solar coating. We are not aware of any other method of marking solar glass “on its surface.”
- Retaina - MU020 & FU020 Information Document for Retaina Laser Glass Marking Equipment